College of the Arts Seniors' Graduation Survey and Link for Requesting Convocation Tickets
Thank you for participating in the College of the Arts Seniors' Graduation Survey. Your responses will help us further shape support programs for students and alumni as well as stay in touch with you after graduation. This survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. Your individual responses are kept confidential; only the aggregate survey data is used for institutional tracking purposes.
At the end of this survey is a link to ordering Convocation tickets. You must first complete the survey before ordering tickets.
Congratulations on your pending graduation and reaching this important milestone in your life!
1. Please provide your name:
2. Please specify a non-MSU email address so that we may contact you about Convocation/Commencement and for any additional follow-up:
3. Please provide your gender identity:
4. Please provide your race/ethnicity:
American Indian or Alaska Native
Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
5. Please provide your age:
35 or older
6. Please provide your primary major/concentration area:
Animation and Illustration
Communication and Media Arts
Communication Studies (Health Communication, Organizational Communication, Public Relations or Speech Communication)
Dance Education, Studio Teaching
Fine Arts, Art Education or School and Community Settings
Fine Arts, Art History
Fine Arts/Studio, BA
Fine Arts/Studio, BFA
Music (Performance or Theory/Composition)
Television and Digital Media (Audio/Sound Design, Documentary, Electronic Journalism, Sports Media/Journalism, or TV Production)
Theatre (Acting or Production and Design)
7. How many years did it take to complete your entire undergraduate education?
more than 6 years
8. Are there courses or experiences you think have well-prepared you for your professional transition?
9. What courses or experiences would you like to have had in your major but were not available?
10. What resources did you use/rely upon for your academic advising? Please check all that apply:
Academic or Faculty Advisors
Other, please specify:
11. Overall, how would you evaluate the quality of academic advising you received at Montclair State University?
12. While you were attending classes at MSU, describe your employment status the majority of the time.
Working 20 or more hours each week
Working 10-19 hours each week
Working 1-9 hours each week
I wasn't employed while attending classes at MSU
13. Was your job...?
14. Did you receive any scholarship money while attending MSU?
15. Do you believe that your undergraduate education has prepared you for a career path and/or a life in the arts.
16. If you participated in Study Abroad or other international academic experience(s)(e.g., a concert tour, a documentary shoot), please indicate or describe:
17. Did you complete any of the following pre-professional experiences while attending MSU? Please check all that apply.
Does not apply
17a. What was your level of satisfaction with the above? Please check only one.
18. Did you complete one of the following culminating senior experiences? Please check which one.
Final Project/Senior Project
Major Studio Project
Thesis Project/Senior Thesis
BFA Acting Senior Showcase
19. Did you interact with CART Career Services for any of the following? Please check all that apply.
Career advising by appointment
Job search assistance
Cover letter critique
19a. If you answered question #19, how would you rank your experience?
20. What are your plans for after graduation?
Full-time employment and part-time graduate education
Part-time employment and graduate education
Full-time graduate education
other: please specify
21. If you are considering graduate study, when would you anticipate starting?
within 1 year
in 2-3 years
in 4-5 years
22. How well prepared do you feel you are for your job search? (choose the description that best applies)
Very well prepared -- Have a polished, up to date resume, am knowledge about my chosen field and target employers, and "connected" via a network of professionals, friends, family, etc.; feel confident about my practiced interview skills.
Well prepared -- Have an up to date resume, am knowledgeable about my chosen field and target employers, have identified some connections for networking, have had some interviewing practice and feedback.
Prepared -- Have an up to date resume, am somewhat knowledgeable about chosen field(s)and companies, and know the basics about interviewing.
Unprepared -- Resume still needs updating; am relatively uninformed about chosen field and professional opportunities, have little or no interviewing experience or know-how.
Clueless -- No resume; don't really know what I'm looking for or whom to consult.
23. If your plans upon graduation include full-time employment, please indicate your current job search status (check all that apply):
Actively searching/interviewing or plan to begin soon
Plan to continue to work full time in current job
Have accepted a new full time position
Have been offered a position - have not yet accepted or declined
Have been offered position(s) but have declined
24. If you have accepted full-time employment, is it related to your major or field of study?
24a. Please indicate JOB TITLE, EMPLOYER (name of company or institution) and (general) LOCATION, if applicable.
24b. Please indicate how you found the position, if applicable. Please check all that apply.
MSU Career Fair
Lead or Referral from Faculty/Staff member
Lead or referral from Family/Friend
Other networking activities
Through a Professional Association
Via Job Boards or classifieds
E-mail from MSU
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES. BY CLICKING "SUBMIT" BELOW YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE CONVOCATION TICKET ORDERING FORM.